Kenneth John Morrison: He was a manufacturer of wire and nails in Vancouver. He was president of the British Columbia Manufacturers’ Association and also of the Morrison Steel & Wire Company. He was going to England in the interests of that association which had long been urging that British Columbia be given a fuller share in the supplying of orders for war purposes. He had been born 10 November 1866 in Nova Scotia. He was married to a Jeanette Morrison, nee Mackay, whom he had married on 9 January, 1894, in Westville, Pictou, Nova Scotia. The couple had at least a son and from 1911, the family lived at 1829 Robson Street in Vancouver. He was a native of Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia, and his parents were James Alexander, a merchant originally from Stornoway in the Hebrides, Scotland, b. 2 May 1821, and Margaret/Mary (nee Nicholson; born 4 March 1830 in Nova Scotia; d. 8 December 1903) Morrison. His parents had married 12 October 1854 in Pugwash, Nova Scotia. He had gone to school in Amherst, Nova Scotia, and then worked for a series of iron and steel companies. Kenneth also spent some time in the Kootenay area of British Columbia from about 1898 to 1900. He returned to Nova Scotia and became a master mechanic with the Dominion Iron and Steel Company for six years. In 1907, Kenneth moved to Vancouver, and started working with a local wire and nail business. On 1 January 1912, he had bought his company from a Mr. Weaver, who then retired. Kenneth Morrison was also on the board of directors of Paterson’s Alberta Oil Wells Limited as well as the Pitt Meadows Oil Wells Limited. More information about Mr. Morrison, including a photo, is to be found at Westendvancouver.wordpress.com
The material presented on this page has been researched by Peter Engberg-Klarström. Copyright 2017 Peter Engberg-Klarström.
Feel free to use the research, but please refer to my research if used in publications or if published or posted on other pages on the Internet